Results of the Day: February 4, 2019
February 4, 2019
- Cryptocurrency market has been stagnant for 412 days. This is the longest period of stagnation in cryptocurrency history.
- Iran to launch a cryptocurrency for banks called PayMon. This currency will be backed by goal. The main purpose of PayMon is to help Iran to circumvent sanctions.
- TRON skyrocketed by 50% in 15 minutes.
- Kraken acquired a British platform Crypto Facilities. The platform offers BTC, ETH, XRP, BCH, and LTC futures.
- Total hashrate of BTC.com and Antpool mining pools decreased to 29%.
- It looks like QuadrigaCX cryptocurrency exchange is scam. There is no information on any cold storages, to which the exchange allegedly lost access after the death of its founder.
- Parity found a critical bug in Infura nodes, that could jeopardize the whole Ethereum ecosystem.
- Venezuela residents bought 2000 BTC last week, setting up a record. Venezuelan government announced with a set of new cryptocurrency regulations.
Prices of main cryptocurrencies:
Bitcoin 3461$ (↓0.44%)
Ripple 0.301$ (↓0.93%)
Ethereum 108$ (↓0.16%)
EOS 2.40$ (↑0.74%)
Bitcoin Cash 119$ (↓0.08%)
Litecoin 34$ (↑1.04%)
Stellar 0.08051$ (↓2.33%)
Cryptocurrency market cap: $114 billion