Results of the Day: February 14, 2019
February 14, 2019
- Fold, a project that allows to convert cryptocurrency into gift cards, has launched the service LN.pizza. This service allows to order a pizza with cryptocurrency via Lightning Network.
- SEC requested Reality Shares to withdraw its Bitcoin ETF application.
- JPMorgan Chase announced the launch of its own stable coin called USD JPM Coin for cross-border payments.
- According to a study by Reuters, traditional banks could save at least 25% on transaction processing with the help of blockchain technology, citing the example of HSBC, that launched the FX Everywhere solution.
- Kaspersky Labs conducted a survey and found that 13% of people use cryptocurrency as an online payment method. The number of companies, that accept cryptocurrency, has grown by 700%, from 1789 to 14346. Cinemas, car dealers, jewelry stores, and grocery stores accept cryptocurrency more often that the others.
Prices of main cryptocurrencies:
Bitcoin 3629$ (↓0.02%)
Ethereum 123$ (↑0.20%)
Ripple 0.306$ (↑0.42%)
Litecoin 42$ (↑0.31%)
EOS 2.77$ (↓3.31%)
Bitcoin Cash 123$ (↑0.48%)
Stellar 0.07679$ (↓1.27%)
Cryptocurrency market capitalization: $121 billion