Top 10 Most Popular ICO Branches in 2017
2017 has become the year of ICO. A huge amount of money was attracted through this new way of financing. Some industries received
10. Mining. A total of $20.21 million has been attracted to this sphere this year.
9. Identification. Despite the huge interest in improvements in security systems and the protection of personal data, this area attracted "only" $33 million.
8. Trade and advertising. Focused on this area ICOs raised $49.98 million.
7. Gambling and betting. The cryptocurrency and gambling have always gone side by side. This year was no exception. $69 million.
6. Gaming and VR. The connection between VR, games and cryptocurrencies still needs improving. Both developers and investors, who invested $92.475 million in this area, believe so.
5. Finance. Blockchain is able to turn the world of finance upside down. And $147 million can help it in this.
4. Payments. $183.37 million was raised to create or update payment systems.
3. Trade and investment. This industry has always been a large part of the cryptocurrency as a whole. Thanks to ICOs, investors can now help create trading and investment platforms for the future. ICOs have raised more than $220 million this year.
2. Data storage. Companies in this industry have been able to raise $286.22 million.
1. Infrastructure. More than 44% of all funds raised with the help of ICOs for the year 2017 are kept in this sphere.